Check out this spotlight for Fantasy author Georgiana Kent!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Hi! Thank you so much for having me! My name is Georgiana and I’m a fantasy author from the UK. I used to live abroad, so my urban fantasies and fantasy romances pull in inspiration from my time in the East. I love cake, chocolate and dachshunds! Though, not necessarily in that order!
2. Tell us 5 fun facts people might not know about you!
1. I’m a teacher of languages
2. I speak Mandarin Chinese, French and Spanish
3. I started going grey at 21 (I blame men!)
4. I have PCOS but was fortunate enough to become a mum several years ago.
5. I’ve always been creative, but I started out drawing mangas! I’ve drawn all my own character art.
3. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some “This or That”-questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ebooks OR physical books? Both! I love my little library of physical books, but I always have an eBook on my phone
First person view OR third person view? 3rd person
Standalone OR series? Series, though I love standalones set in the same universe!
Read multiple books OR one at a time? I used to be a ‘one at a time’ kinda girl, but now I’m ‘multiple’!
Signed edition OR first edition? Love a signed copy!
Graphic novels OR comic books? Mangas! I adore Studio Ghibli!
Plot driven OR character driven? Both!
Zombies OR dragons? Make mine a dragon!
Witches OR vampires? Vampries, please!
Shop at an actual bookstore OR shop books online? Actual bookshop, I always love finding new bookshops
Hero OR anti-hero? Oo, I love me a good anti-hero! There’s someonthing about morally grey heroes…
TBR list OR mood reader? TBR list
Music while reading OR silence? Silence
Read in bed OR read on sofa? Bed!
4. When you look for books to read, what trope, theme, or type of story will always catch your attention?
I love fantasies with found family and a good slow burn romance, my favourite is enemy-to-lovers!
5. If you were to describe your writing style using 3 words, what would they be?
Original, compelling, epic
6. So what do you write? Tell us a bit more about your chosen genre, style and ongoing projects/WIPs/series!
I’m currently writing Book Three in my Soul Dominion series which is about a girl, Erica, who has a secret. One day, she’s attacked on her way home by a demon and her life is saved by Michael, an enigmatic, and sexy, time traveller! From that point on, nothing is the same as her secret and life unravel as she helps Michael and his friends save humanity from dominiation by a growing army of soul-thirsty demons. It’s the first of many series that will take place in my KeyMaster universe with faeries, fae, vampires, werewolves, demons and angels, each with different MCs and stories.
I’m also drafting a fantasy romance series. Warring Hearts will be a series of standalone novels and novellas set in Myrrithia, a land where myth meets legend and passion runs high! The novellas will be loosely based on myths, fairy tales, and folklore with equal helpings of magic, action and romance.
7. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Keys of Fate was released in July 2022 and is Book Two in my Soul Dominion series. It follows straight on from the climatic end to Keys of Time, and is a non-stop sequel filled with action, mystery and a burgeoning romance! Faced with a chestful of family secrets, Michael helps Erica decipher her family’s past, whilst preparing to stop an onslaught of demons hell-bent on humanity’s demise. But, as passions run high, can they put aside their differences and work together?
Keys of Fate is available on Amazon in eBook, KU and paperback.
Book One, Keys of Time, is available here:
8. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!