Check out this spotlight for Fantasy Romance author Lauren L. Garcia!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Lauren finds Real Life overrated, and has always preferred to inhabit alternate realities, both self-created and created by others. However, after being burned by certain fandoms one too many times, Lauren decided to focus her reality escape attempts on her own creations. She’s much happier now, although she still enjoys fandoms – in small doses.
A believer in love, hope, compassion, and similar squishy ideals, Lauren endeavors to create stories that both gut-punch and elevate her readers. Emotional rollercoasters are what make fiction fun, after all.
When she’s not avoiding Real Life responsibilities, Lauren enjoys dancing at music festivals, spending time in nature, and tending to her cat’s every whim. She lives in North Florida with her partner and assorted furred critters, but can be found online at laloga.com
2. Tell us 5 fun facts people might not know about you!
- I am married to my high school sweetheart. We’ve been together for over 20 years.
- I have a Ninja Turtle tattoo (Leonardo – my fave)
- The main characters in my first series, Catalyst Moon, started life as OCs (original characters) in several long running Star Wars fanfics.
- I have multiple Star Wars and Star Trek costumes, including prosthetics.
- I recently became a vegetarian. (For ethical & environmental reasons. No shade to anyone who has not made this choice. I am fortunate enough to be able to choose not to eat meat.)
3. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some “This or That”-questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ebooks OR physical books? – Ebooks, because with my poor vision, it’s nice to be able to increase the font size & my lighting preferences.
First person view OR third person view? Third person close. Just as intimate as first, but less clunky.
Standalone OR series? Series, because characters need time to grow!
Read multiple books OR one at a time? Multiple at a time, but different genres, ie: fiction and non-fiction.
Signed edition OR first edition? Signed editions for that personal touch.
4. If you were to describe your writing style using 3 words, what would they be?
Heartfelt, evocative, epic.
5. So what do you write? Tell us a bit more about your chosen genre, style and ongoing projects/WIPs/series!
My current series, Chaos Moon is LGBTQ+ fantasy romance. If you love badass heroines, rivals to lovers, and slow-burn steamy romances, Chaos Moon will heal your heart and become your new obsession. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
6. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Assassin’s Mercy (Chaos Moon #1)
Need a mage killed? Verve’s got you covered.
As a member of the holy order of Atal’s Chosen, Verve lives by the edge of her hematite blade. Trained from childhood to stand tall against the warring mage clans, Verve won’t let anyone else’s family die at magic’s cruel hands.
So when Verve’s patron tasks her with taking out a notorious mage leader, she knows her skills are up to the challenge. Sure enough, Verve lands a cover-job right in the heart of her target’s territory. The coin’s not great, but protecting the locals makes for the perfect camouflage while she hunts for her true target. What’s more, the handsome local barkeep Alem seems to know more than he’s letting on about the mage she’s looking for.
Against all common sense, Verve discovers a cause worth fighting for in the village. But living by the blade means dying by it too, and when Verve’s powerful patron learns of the life she’s found and her growing change of heart, she gives Verve an ultimatum: Kill the mage or be hunted by her own fellow Chosen. Verve is forced to choose a side or risk losing her new found family, the life she didn’t know she wanted… and a man she didn’t know she could love.
The only way out of this mess is to die… or find magic of her own.
7. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
Main page: https://laloga.com/