Check out this spotlight for YA Fantasy and Sweet Romance author Callie Thomas!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her book!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
I’m Callie Thomas, a writer of YA fantasy and sweet romance stories, with even more story ideas on the horizon. I’m also a mother of two handsome boys (one who is almost a teenager this year!), a wife to an amazing man who protects our country, a Christian, beach bum, and coffee lover. My family just relocated from Okinawa, Japan, to Virginia where we are still settling in. When I’m not writing or reading, I love playing video games and board games. In fact, I beta test board game apps and proof rulebooks on the side for fun.
2. Tell us 5 fun facts people might not know about you!
- Japan wasn’t the first overseas country I’ve lived in. I spent six year in Spain as a child through my teen years.
- I’m a sucker for Yorkshire terriers dogs. They are sweetest and smartest little fur babies. Instagram knows my weakness. They are always showing me reels.
- The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game franchise. I’ve played them all. I could even sit and listen to the music from games for hours.
- I’m scared of heights. You’ll never catch me on a high speed rollercoaster or parasailing.
- My family and I are big Disney fans. We usually try to make a trip to the castle once year. Even when we lived in Japan, we traveled up to Tokyo Disneyland.
3. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some “This or That”-questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ebooks OR physical books? Ebooks because it’s like having a bookshelf in my pocket. I can read on the go.
Plot driven OR character driven? Character driven! With the characters calling the shots, you can always expect the unexpected. It leads to the most memorable moments.
Enemy to Lovers OR Friends to Lovers? Enemy to Lovers is the best, hands down! There is something about watching the chemistry build between two people who are fighting the attraction. The moment they finally give in feels like an explosion. BOOM!
Music while reading OR silence? Silence- Everything disappears when I read and I get sucked into a story. So, I won’t even hear the music if it is playing.
Read in bed OR read on sofa? I like to be in bed and under my covers. Then I’m right where I need to be when I finish binge reading at 3 AM.
4. When you look for books to read, what trope, theme, or type of story will always catch your attention? Anything with princesses or a fantasy style romance with a royal theme. If there is a fancy ball gown on the cover, I’m going to stop and check it out. It gets extra points if it’s an enemy to lovers story too.
5. If you were to describe your writing style using 3 words, what would they be? Creative, spellbinding, and heartwarming
6. So what do you write? Tell us a bit more about your chosen genre, style and ongoing projects/WIPs/series! I write YA fantasy, sweet romance, and romantic comedies. My Kindle Vella story, A Forest of Stolen Memories, is complete and will be arriving to paperback, Kindle, and Kindle Unlimited this year. AFoSM is my backward fairy tale where the end of the story is only the beginning. I loved exploring this magical world where anything can happen and mixes up everything you thought you knew about fairy tales. This is not a retelling, but its own unique story with inspiration from the classic fairy tales .
7. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it! My newest release is A Sea of Golden Chains. It’s book two and follows the lost sister’s story. Currently, it’s only available on Kindle Vella (bundled at the end of A Forest of Stolen Memories) with new episodes releasing every Sunday. You can read it here: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B0BB1YXL61.
Here is the blurb: A failed ransom sends Marigold overboard into the turquoise waters, death’s grip too tight to escape. As she sinks into the darkness, her screams echo into a bewitching song, luring a merman to her rescue. Now the ancient magic that saved her chains them forever, their destinies entwined. Desperate for her freedom, she will escape at the first chance she gets. But this handsome merman is hooked, refusing to leave her side, even if that means following her to the surface.
8. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
Check out my website at https://www.authorcalliethomas.com/ or you can follow me on my social medias (Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok) @authorcalliethomas. If you are looking for insider scoops, exclusive previews on episodes quotes, graphics, and news, plus free content—then sign up for my newsletter here: https://www.subscribepage.com/authorcalliethomas.