Check out this spotlight for Fantasy Romance author Helen Walton!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her book!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Helen Walton is a tea drinking, chocoholic, romance writer. Stories are her obsession, and she adores creating sweet and sensual romances containing a sprinkling of humor and the all-important happy ending. She lives in Australia with her family, and menagerie of quirky animals where they all take her away from her book world and demand to be fed. Lucky for them, she enjoys cooking but prefers baking.
2. Tell us 5 fun facts people might not know about you!
- I own horses.
- My dream destination is the Northern Lights.
- Buffy is my favorite show.
- I love rain.
- If I could have any pet I’d have a dragon.
3. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some “This or That”-questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ebooks OR physical books? Both depending on my mood which one I want to read
First person view OR third person view? Either. I’m all for variety.
Standalone OR series? Both. I tend to like standalone contemporary romance but series for paranormal and fantasy romance.
Read multiple books OR one at a time? One at a time. Are you crazy?
Signed edition OR first edition? Signed for my trophy shelf.
Graphic novels OR comic books? Hides head. I don’t read either.
Plot driven OR character driven? Character driven. I don’t care where or what the characters are doing if I’m invested in them.
Zombies OR dragons? Dragons. Who doesn’t want to ride one?
Witches OR vampires? Vampires. I’m a huge Buffy fan so…
Shop at an actual bookstore OR shop books online? I browse at bookstores then buy online.
Hero OR anti-hero? Hero, even better if it’s a hero who doesn’t think he’s a hero.
TBR list OR mood reader? Mood reader which sometimes takes me a while to figure out what I’m in the mood for.
Music while reading OR silence? Silence. Although I rarely get it so I’ve learned to block out noise.
Read in bed OR read on sofa? Sofa with my fluffy blanket and cat.
4. When you look for books to read, what trope, theme, or type of story will always catch your attention? The underdog story where the character learns they are enough just the way they are.
5. If you were to describe your writing style using 3 words, what would they be? Humorous, sexy, and heartfelt.
6. So what do you write? Tell us a bit more about your chosen genre, style and ongoing projects/WIPs/series! I love writing about characters finding love with that special person who loves them for who they are. I write in various genres from contemporary romance, to fantasy and paranormal romance. I’m currently working on my Summer Court series about the Fae Royals finding their fated mates while trying to stop the Fae from the destruction of their race.
7. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
The fate of the Fae begins…
Songstress, Niamh, has an unusual Fae power—an influence in her voice. Singing at the prince’s two hundredth birthday celebrations should be a grand moment, but not luring the prince into believing she’s his mate is all she’s concerned about. For every man succumbs to the magic of her voice and the prince is the one man she wants but can never have. For what can a lowly earth-living Fae offer the prince of the Summer Court?
When the King and Queen of the Fae insist Prince Fintan select a mate on his birthday, he’s reluctant to settle for a chosen mate, but then he stumbles upon his fated mate. He never thought he’d need to woo her, but if that’s what it takes to convince Niamh they’re fated mates, then he’ll do anything in his considerable power to make her his.
But as the secret in Niamh’s power is revealed, will Fintan still believe they are fated mates? Or will her secret be their undoing? And those of the Fae?
Over the passage of time, discover the fate of the Fae beginning with the novella Fae’s Song-a tale of fated mates. Each story in the Summer Court series follows a different couple and can be read as a standalone.
Available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited
8. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
You can find me on my website