Check out this spotlight for Clean YA Fantasy author Katie Cherry!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Hi! Well, I’m 25, have a 1.5-year-old toddler, and am too busy writing books to have any kind of hobby, but I used to play Xbox, read, and binge TV shows. I started writing when I was 13ish, and turned it into a career in 2018. I’m obsessed with dragons and write clean, magical adventures!
2. Tell us 5 fun facts people might not know about you!
- I am NOT an early bird. Left to my own devices, I slip later and later with my sleep schedule. I’ve gotten bad enough that I’d go to bed around 5am and get up around 3pm.
- Pasta, burgers, and milkshakes are my favorite foods ever
- I despise the cold. I find it painful and would choose being sweaty over hurting down to my bones any day.
- Driving terrifies me. I hate it and always have, and only do it when absolutely necessary.
- I love to get my hair dyed fun colors! I’ve done red, red and blue, purple, silver, and will be trying blonde and blue, emerald green and blue… basically anything I can whenever I can carve out room for it in the budget! I just love trying all the gorgeous colors and hairdos!
3. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some “This or That”-questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ebooks OR physical books? Ebooks. I’m a person of convenience lol
Read multiple books OR one at a time? One at a time. I barely have time to read in the first place, I’d never finish anything if I tried to read more than one book at a time!
Plot driven OR character driven? Character driven! I feel like the plot should just contribute to the character(s) growth!
Zombies OR dragons? DRAGONS. Not that zombies don’t have their place, but I am 100% team dragon for basically any question you could ask me haha
Music while reading OR silence? I like both, but generally just silence. Music can be distracting from the book.
4. When you look for books to read, what trope, theme, or type of story will always catch your attention?
There has to be magic, dragons are a huge selling point for me (but I will grab books without them), and the book should be character-driven. If the characters aren’t challenged at every turn, it’s going to fall pretty flat for me!
5. If you were to describe your writing style using 3 words, what would they be?
Wholesome, encouraging, and fun
6. So what do you write? Tell us a bit more about your chosen genre, style and ongoing projects/WIPs/series!
I write clean Fantasy, so usually that’s also YA Fantasy 😊 I have a trilogy of novellas that are Urban Fantasy, a 7-book series that’s portal and Coming of Age Fantasy, and I just finished a YA Fantasy with Mythology series of 2 books- so a Duology! I actually can’t reveal my next project yet, but if you are curious please follow me for the announcement!
7. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Gods’ Grace- book 2 of the Duology I mentioned above! You can grab a copy here: https://books2read.com/GodsGrace. In book one of this Duology, it’s magic using humans versus the Greek Gods, battles for survival, and clean romance. Book two doesn’t have any romance, but has a lot of focus on family and the pressure to be perfect- like Louisa in Encanto!- and still has lots of magic, battles, and Greek Gods! Oh, and magical creatures, can’t forget about them! 😊
8. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
You can actually follow me anywhere you’d like through this one link! https://sleek.bio/katiecherry
But I definitely recommend at least signing up for my email updates, which you can do here! https://www.subscribepage.com/katiecherrysfantasyemails