Check out this author spotlight for Claudia Blood!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Claudia Blood’s love of Epic Fantasies led her from life as a research scientist right into that of an award-winning author. With works such as the Relic trilogy, Merged series, and the Supernatural Detective Agency. Claudia Blood’s works cover a wide range of genres and themes that have captivated many.
Juggling her roles as a wife, mom, and pet wrangler doesn’t leave much free time, but what Claudia has is filled to the brim with creating sci-fi and fantasy novels set in worlds that may be slightly familiar and some that are totally unique and new.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Cat or dog? Both! They each have their appeal.
Tea or coffee? Tea! Mostly iced tea. Coffee is way too bitter for me.
Standalone or series? I love series. I love seeing the characters again in the next book.
Book or ebook? For my favorite authors, I will buy both an ebook and a paper copy. I love ebooks for the ease of buying the next in series.
Hero or anti-hero? HERO!!!!! I love a justice is served, a little guy wins, and the person becomes the best version of themselves.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Chosen one, fish out of water, enemies to friends (or even lovers) are some of my favorite tropes. I look for an interesting premise. Then I read the sample to see if the writing catches me. I want to be sucked into the world.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write a combo of fantasy, sci fi, and mystery. They usually have romantic elements, but are not romances. I love adventure and surprises.
I am currently working on the Renegades Rising series. This is a prequel series to the Relic Trilogy starring Ravenne and her friends.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
You should check out the Relic Trilogy’s first book, Company Assassin. Time is coming apart at the seams, and a tech-savvy teenage orphan is the only one who can save the past and the future…
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I play Dungeons & Dragons with hubby and kids. There is just so much great world and story building involved with a campaign.
There are a ton of romance authors who create outstanding characters. I love the Dresden Files and P.C. Hodgell. As well as old school Alan Dean Foster and Anne Mccafferty.
I love, love the fantasy art out there. I just got sent some pinterest pins that are amazing.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I had been an evening writer. The kids would go to bed and I would stay up and write. We moved and the school that the kids go to started an hour earlier. I told my brain it was only an hour, but it seriously messed with my writing mojo. I still tend to write at the end of the day. I just can’t stay up as late.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Just keep swimming.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
https://dl.bookfunnel.com/u5nf3wa84m for newsletter sign-up and free short story