Check out this author spotlight for Alison Post!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Alison Post is 25 years old, showcasing her debut novel, My Unexpected Love. She has always dreamed of being a writer and now she wants to show her son to always chase after your dreams.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 (or more!) of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn? Spring or Autumn, hopefully not too hot or too cold of weather.
Cat or dog? Dog! I have two of my own, a husky (Nymeria) and a german shepherd mix (Gizmo).
Tea or coffee? Have to have coffee in the morning to function at the same level as a two year old.
Morning or evening? I have a lot more energy in the evening to do anything.
Library or museums? Libraries, there’s just something special about them.
Pen and paper or computer/phone? Computer and phone, my thoughts run so fast, it’s just easier to get them out with typing.
Standalone or series? Series, especially if they’re filled with books that follow a different couple each time.
Book or ebook? Ebook, I’m rarely not reading on my kindle.
Hero or anti-hero? I love reading the anti-hero, the whole ‘I would burn the world to save you’ is my weakness.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Single parent romances. If there’s an adorable child in it I will automatically love the book.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write New Adult Romance. I just released my first novel, My Unexpected Love – enemies to lovers, enemies with benefits, and forced proximity. Right now I’m working on the fourth book in my Gaines University – friends to lovers and fake dating.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
My Unexpected Love, it’s a story about Rory who has given up on men after countless failed dates and Jace who is the one man that she can’t stand. He’s known as the player around campus, but due to their professor pairing them together, she’s about to find that he’s a lot more.
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
My primary fictional sources for inspiration are Elle Kennedy (Briar U and Off Campus), Melanie Harlow, Stephenie Meyer, and Willow Winters.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
If I am lucky enough to get up before my two year old, I make myself a cup of coffee and sit down and write at my desk. I try to write a chapter (about 3,000) a day.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Keep trying, don’t let all of the denials from publishing companies get you down. Your dream will come true when it’s meant to.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
My TikTok and Insta both have the same handle, @authoralisonpost