Check out this author spotlight for Josh Lindquist!
You can find all his links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out his books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Thank you so much for having me on your blog! I love these questions! I was raised in Colorado Springs, Colorado and studied Film at the University of Colorado in Boulder. I joined the Army Reserves after college and have worked in Film and Television production since 2012. Exile Into Sand is my first fantasy novel, and I look forward to writing many more!
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 (or more!) of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Cat or dog? I love dogs, but cats are just the best!
Tea or coffee? Coffee in the morning, Tea in the afternoon haha
Morning or evening? Morning is definitely when I am most productive and focused
Hunter or gatherer? Gatherer for sure haha
Mountains or beaches? Mountains over beaches any day, I love the views and I don’t like the sand
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Anything that explores science, or big concepts like our place in the universe or what it means to be alive.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write fantasy stories! My first book, Exile Into Sand, is about a man atoning for a dark past, and my second book, which is in the works, is about a group of people who are framed for murder!
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Exile Into Sand is about a man with a dark past who is exiled into the strange, desert lands of Akkal, where he encounters a dangerous, radical sect of the religion that he once called his own…
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I draw from just about everything I experience in life and everything I read or watch. My favorite book series is The Expanse by James S.A. Corey, because they really focus on the vastness of space and the intricacy of science and the universe!
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I do not have a specific routine, I just write as often as I can
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Write every day!
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
My social media links: