Check out this author spotlight for KM Wilkerson!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
I started journaling when I was very young to express myself quietly. I secretly wanted the whole world to understand what I was feeling inside, to let people know how I saw the world, and not have to say it out loud. After years of life of keeping quiet and not writing, I came back to my passion with so much more to share. My hope is that my experiences and thoughts can somehow help someone else feel a sense of being understood, that they are not alone, and never have been.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
Autumn because I love how the colors change.
Witches or wizards?
Neither, they scare me.
Pen and paper or computer/phone?
I use both but I am old fashioned so pen & paper
Standalone or series?
Standalone however, my first book has a follow up
Hero or anti-hero?
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Something with a moral message or instruction to learn something from the reading, instead of just getting lost in a romance or thriller that you do not see the meaning behind. Those genres have their place in people’s lives, I just do not have enough time to add them into mine at this point in my life.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write children’s books and have a blog that I post about many different topics and even poems. My second book will be completed and out by the end of 2022.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Kingdom of Grace came out the week after our lockdown from the pandemic. A press release that the publisher put out is:
KM Wilkerson has published her new book “Kingdom of Grace”: a poignant illustrated tale introducing two queens, one lonely king, and a battle for the spiritual health of a kingdom. A queen’s journey begins when she leaves her comfort zone and shares the love she has with those willing and worthy to receive it, bringing abundance all around her kingdom. Published by Page Publishing, KM Wilkerson’s engrossing book is an intriguing metaphorical tale exploring the universal search for meaning in human life. Readers who wish to experience this engaging work can purchase “Kingdom of Grace” at bookstores everywhere, or online at the Apple iTunes store, Amazon, Google Play, or Barnes and Noble. For additional information or media inquiries, contact Page Publishing at 866-315-2708.
The best sale is currently on:
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
Inspiration can be found anywhere and everywhere, good, and bad. I find that I can work through pain and trauma with my writing, also express my gratitude and strengthen my love at the same time when I am being artistic. There are movies, plays, and music that I cry to and ones that inspire me to be more passionate in one way or another. I prefer to keep those private for the few people who truly know me personally, not just publicly.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I try to write each day. Whether for my schooling, emailing, blogging, or research of a project. I believe we need to keep reading and writing so that we stay actively grow our talents and knowledge.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Expect a pandemic and prepare for a different business plan! Hahahaha Truthfully, I don’t think there is anything that I would have done different because it got me where I am, and I am content with how things are moving forward. You never know what things are going to look like until you try them for the first time. You just get moving and see what happens next.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!