Check out this author spotlight for Elizabeth Morris!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
My name is Elizabeth Morris or Liz for short. I grew up all over Northern Virginia, but I’m currently living in an RV with my boyfriend and his dog. I love to write books and music is my biggest inspiration.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
Winter for sure because of the cold weather (snow) and because the holidays are in winter. My birthday is Christmas Eve! I always say I was the best Christmas present ever.
Cat or dog?
Cats, I grew up with cats and my baby boy Snuffy just turned 16 back in October.
Plotter or pantser?
I am a plotter. I must have a good plan for my books before writing them. It takes me about a month to plot down everything in my book.
Pen and paper or computer/phone?
I write on my computer/phone. When I first started my book series, I wrote down plot points on paper, but then I transferred it to my notes on the phone. I have written entire chapters on my phone before.
Hero or anti-hero?
Anti-Hero. Who doesn’t love Deadpool?
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
I love fantasy books that are based in medieval times. Those are always fun to read.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I am working on a fantasy series called Blood of the Beast series. The first two novels are published on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. My first book is Tiger’s Blood and it’s about a world full of half-animal half-human shapeshifters called Bloods. My second book is Rise of the Rebels and it’s the sequel to Tiger’s Blood. Its about the group of rebels who are hiding from the kingdom, and they meet two mysterious Bloods. The third book I am currently working on is Return of the Ambush which is about the queen who runs away from her kingdom. I’m on chapter 7 of it now and there will be 37 chapters total in it.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Here is the blurb for my second book that was released this year; A year after a tragic event, a new king takes over the Lion’s Kingdom and is seeking revenge against the group of rebels; Chase, Ethan, Noah, and Kira as the leader. The rebels have been on their own, when they meet a pair of mysterious Bloods. When one of the rebels gets kidnapped, it’s up to the rest of the Bloods to save them. Will these new Bloods be friends or enemies?
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
Music is my biggest inspiration, I love listening to Blackbear, Gnash, Alec Benjamin, AJR, Halsey, G-Eazy, just to name a few. I get a lot of inspiration from movies and tv as well, Game of Thrones is my favorite show/book series and I love the character development in that. Anything can be inspiration honestly, life inspires me the most.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I don’t have a set routine, but when I feel inspired or in the mood to write, I’ll open up my laptop and get a drink and snack. Then I’ll write however much I feel like it whether it be 200 words or 2000. I have to give myself breaks to reconcile and revaluate my work.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
I would tell my past author self to not let anyone tell you that you are awful at writing. There have been some published popular authors who have bad books out there, and if they can make it then so can I.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!