Check out this author spotlight for P. M. Amaras & Paul Driggere!
You can find all their links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out their books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
We are Paula Kalamaras and Paul Kraly, owners of a small-press publishing company, Scribes Unlimited Press and a writing, editing and research company called Scribes Unlimited, LLC for the past 20 years or so. We have written, ghosted, or edited literally hundreds of articles, blogs, business proposals, marketing plans, and other techie documents, as well as several non-fiction books. We published our first fiction novel in 2010 called “Exiles of Dal Ryeas”, and our second novel just this past summer called “Shadows in Light”. Currently we have created and written three webcomics as well, “The Depths”, (adult furry), “Insignificant Otters” (furry humour), and our newest webcomic ”Island Girls” (adventure/romance) We write now under the pseudonyms of “P.M. Amaras” and “Paul Driggere”.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Cat or dog? Cats, but we love dogs too
Tea or coffee? Tea
Morning or evening? Morning
Plotter or pantser? Plotter, although we do write “seat of the pants” style sometimes.
Standalone or series? Series
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
We like books where the unusual intrudes into the usual. Normal, everyday people suddenly thrust into epic adventures they never saw coming.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
Currently working on a sequel to “Shadows in Light” (“Shadows in Mist”), a “cozy” paranormal drama called “Magic Blocked”, and two screenplays.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
“Shadows in Light”, a fantasy-romance-thriller about a serial killer loose in the heart of a magical, high-tech otherworld called Nysi Affalon, home of gods, goddesses, demi-gods, fae, even vampires and other creatures abandoned by Earth. Into the mix, a would-be-detective from Earth, Maia Anemois, works with demi-god detectives Kai and Aidan Eurus to bring the killer to justice.
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
We would have to say books and movies the most. Seeing or reading what was done gets our minds working as well.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
Oh God, no, there’s no routine, no schedule, nothing like that. We write when we want to and when we feel the most creative. You can’t force greatness, it has to come out on its own. Besides, we have a day job! J
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
If you’re going to do it, do it. Don’t wait so long in life to be a success.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
https://www.scribesunlimited.com (currently seeking books to publish)