Check out this author spotlight for William Tchatchou!
You can find all his links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out his books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Hello my name is William Tchatchou, I am the author behind Hotel of Madness and other short stories that probably won’t see the light of day. I am a grumpy fun loving nerd who loves his dogs, his family, and taco bell in that order.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
Spring because my birthday is in March and I love the transition between winter and spring.
Cat or dog?
Dogs because I own a German Shepheard and Pit-bull, who are both softies who only want to cuddle.
Tea or coffee?
Coffee because I spent most of my adult life working the night shift…
Library or museums?
Library is easy because I used to walk to the library every day after school.
Ninjas or pirates?
Pirates because there is something to waving a flint lock pistol and a sword from final fantasy.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
I’m a big back of the book ‘tell me why I want to read this’ kind of guy. I look for stories where I can look forward to the conflict in them.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
Well my current book is an urban fantasy with a lovecraftian blend, but I’m mostly a science fiction writer with some dark fantasy tendencies. I think I’m drawn to writing urban fantasy stories because I grew up in the 90s where a lot of sfy was dudes in suits fighting on rooftops as the city hangs in the balance.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
My most recent book is the Hotel of Madness. It’s book one of the Boy King series and it’s about a book sale that went horribly wrong. Main character, Arthur Curry, just wanted to make some quick cash for a much needed vacation, unfortunately the job goes sideways when client proceeds to lose the book during an anime convention. The book Necronomicon…
So if that intrigues you the link to buy is:
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
H.P Lovecraft made a big impression, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, and the Justice League animated series of the early 2000s.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
Well I don’t have a writing routine due to my chaotic nature. But if I’m on a roll I can write a new chapter every day… I blame that on an obsessive personality.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Don’t hold back, this is probably the best way for you to express yourself so go all the way.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
I’m not a big social media guy but you can hit me up on Facebook and ask me questions.