Check out this author spotlight for Mickey Wren!
You can find all his links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out his books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Mickey Wren was born Andrew Michael Levin in Philadelphia, PA. The third of four in his family, he’s always been very eclectic. In high school, he found a way to get across to people what he was thinking by writing song lyrics and singing acapella for friends and family. In college, he got into short stories and fiction, and began to write the Runic Warriors stories. Also, spending time through his life as a member of the Army National Guard and trying to keep afloat, his writing took a backseat for a while. At the end of 2014, he rediscovered the Runic Warriors project and it grew exponentially into the Novella series available today under his official pen name, Mickey Wren.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 (or more!) of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
Spring, I don’t like extremes and spring is very relaxed
Tea or coffee? coffee
Pen and paper or computer/phone?
Pen and paper first, then computer
Standalone or series?
Series, more of a challenge
Book or ebook?
Book, feels better to hold it in my hands.
Hero or anti-hero?
Hero, keep it simple
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Sci-fi fantasy or a good mystery
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
The Runic Warriors is a sci-fi/fantasy series that was partially inspired by the Power Rangers
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
Book 5 of the series is called Massive Attack. It finishes as much as I started 20 years ago.
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I sprinkle bits about my life throughout the series. There’s stuff related to Norse Mythology and Runic Magick, as well as aspects to the stories that are similar to the Power Rangers or even Voltron.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I tend to write out everything, pen to paper, then I take that to my computer and type out what I’ve written.
8. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
I’m all over social media, either under my real name Andrew M Levin, or my pen name, Mickey Wren.