Check out this author spotlight for Mark Stallings!
You can find all his links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out his books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Mark Stallings is an Amazon Best Selling author, member of Pikes Peak Writers, speaker at International conferences on Technology topics, is a writer of Wuxia, Fantasy, Thrillers and Military Sci-Fi. He is a competitive shooter, avid martial artist, drinker of craft beer, and motorcycle enthusiast.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
I love the fall. I have fond memories of raking leaves with my dad
Tea or coffee?
Coffee in the morning, Tea every other time (hot or cold). I especially like watching the British people twitch when I ask for a glass of ice cubes.
Ninjas or pirates?
I would like to point out that Ninjas were Chinese pirates that fled to Japan and started the mystique of Ninjas.
Plotter or pantser?
I am a rabid macro plotter and a micro pantser.
Hero or anti-hero?
The occasional Anti-Hero is ok, as long as they are done well al la Constintine.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Dragons, can’t go wrong with them. Seriously, tho, I am looking for strong character driven stories. Like The Belgariad, or the first 4 books of The Wheel of Time
4. What do you write?
Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings! I write both Science Fiction and Fantasy. My current work in progress is Wuxia, Asian Fantasy with magic powered martial arts
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
My most recent release is ‘Prodigal Son’ a collaboration with Matt Novotny (Denver author) set in the Four Horsemen Universe and published by Chris Kennedy Press. It is the story of a Peacemaker (the universe’s Texas Ranger) who’s partner was killed and he finds out he was betrayed by his own organization. He comes back to Earth to figure things out and Chaos follows him.
Where to buy it: https://www.markstallings.com/index/prodigal-son/
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
Real Life: I have met several writers, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jim Lovell, any number of Armed Forces veterans Fictional: I love David Eddings, Early Asimov, Heinlin’s Stranger in a Strange Land and Starship Trooper.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
Wow I have a DayJob. So, I try to sling the ink after work. Honestly, my productive days are on the weekends.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Write more: Write short. Write often.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
You can find Mark:
– on Facebook at facebook.com/markwstallings
– on the web at www.markstallings.com
– on Patreon at patreon.com/markstallings
– on Amazon at amazon.com/author/markstallings