Check out this author spotlight for Isra Sravenheart!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Hello, I am Isra Sravenheart, USA Today and Amazon Best-selling Author. I write a dark fantasy fairytale series which is solely based around a witch Lady Isra but as times go on, things get very interesting. I live in the UK with 4 cats and I like to watch Netflix/ read in my spare time.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 (or more!) of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn? Autumn.
Cat or dog? Cats.
Tea or coffee? Coffee.
Morning or evening? Evening.
Library or museums? Neither.
Hunter or gatherer? Neither
Witches or wizards? Witches.
Ninjas or pirates? Neither.
Mountains or beaches? Beaches.
Plotter or pantser? Plotter but also a tiny bit pantser.
Pen and paper or computer/phone? Laptop.
Standalone or series? Series.
Book or ebook? Book.
Hero or anti-hero? Anti Hero.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Anything about witches or a villain or someone who has been wronged that needs to avenge what has happened. I do like fairytale retellings as well.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write dark fantasy fairytale series and there are so far 6 books in the series, Her Blackened Soul, Her Blackened Heart, Her Blackened Rose, Her Blackened Love, Kissing Darkness, Touched by Darkness. I am currently writing Touched by Darkness. Touched by Darkness is basically following on from Kissing Darkness (my last published book) and Isra has had her memories taken away so she doesn’t remember any of what went on, however she’s caught the attention of Astrid again as she’s falling for a mortal man.
Little does she know that there’s a much greater plan at stake here however I don’t want to say anymore as it’s part of the plot.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
The most recent release was Kissing Darkness however since it is a series, it makes more sense to mention the series. I doubt many would buy book 5 in series without knowing about the rest. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WN2T6BL
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)?
Name a few! I used to have a lot of books as a child, Grimms, Oz books, Sabrina Teenage Witch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hans Christian Anderson. However I don’t really take inspiration from anyone but I do like Neil Gaiman for how dark and intense his work is.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I don’t have one but I do seem to work well at night.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
Just ignore the negative nancies. I had a bunch of people telling me I would never amount to anything in writing including some family members. I did it, anyway, knowing that those opinions were just that.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
Email list: https://israsravenheart.eo.page/8px6s
Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Isra-Sravenheart/e/B00VKRF6Q0