Check out this author spotlight for Madilynn Dale!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please! Hi, thanks for having me!
My name is Madilynn Dale, and I am a mixed genre author. I write mostly in fantasy, paranormal, and romance. I live in Oklahoma USA and I love to be outdoors. I am married and have one little boy. On top of my writing work, I hold a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology and an associate of science degree in Physical Therapy Assistant sciences. I am a licensed Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Oklahoma, but I am a stay-at-home mom right now.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Winter, spring, summer or autumn?
My favorite season is spring when all of the plants burst into new life. It’s always felt like a time of new beginnings and change. Even though we occasionally have bad tornados here in Oklahoma during the spring it’s the start of warmer days filled with more time outdoors.
Tea or coffee?
Coffee. I love coffee and may be a bit of an addict. I will occasionally drink hot tea or sweet tea but my go to is coffee. I can’t start my day without having coffee first.
Library or museums?
Museums. I have all kinds of books at home and on my kindle but going into a museum is like stepping back in time. I love looking at artifacts from the past and reading about their story. My father actually works for The Red River Museum in my hometown, and I have been fortunate to see some behind the scenes things. One of the few dinosaurs found in Oklahoma is on display there.
Ninjas or pirates?
Pirates. I love pirate movies and books with pirates in them. The Pirates of the Caribbean is still to this day one of my favorite movies.
Mountains or beaches?
Mountains. I love walking on the beach at the ocean on occasion, but I love to hike and explore the mountains even more. I love the different colors and shades of the various landscape and discovering fossils hidden in the rocks.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
Anything with magic, adventure, or shifters will always catch my eye. I love escaping into fantasy worlds. If it has a bit of romance or is a little on the spicy side, it’s even better.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write a mix of fantasy, romance, adventure, and paranormal. I love mixing it up and having strong female characters as my main characters. I have a series following main character Liz called the Fae Shifters series and a standalone paranormal romance following a college shifter named Natalie. Some of the projects I am working on include a book with a strong female who discovers she’s a hellhound and then a fantasy adventure following a set of twins.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
An ancient evil has surfaced. New life and bonds are forged. Will Liz fight or remain on the sidelines? Who will win and rule the realms?
Liz’s family and friends are at risk once again, but sacrifices must be made for their freedom. Can she bring new life into the world but stop an evil that has plagued the realms since the beginning of time? What will be her ultimate sacrifice to conquer The Blood King finally?
Book 4, The Blood King: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YKL5Q42/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/2940164887674
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I draw inspiration from a lot of places. I get scenery ideas from places I have visited or even some of my favorite places growing up. Characters come from friends, random passer-by, and movie characters. Lucifer the tv show on Netflix has given me a lot of ideas for characters as well as several other such as The Originals, The Irregulars, and more. I am always playing music and several songs by Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons inspire some of my characters often or even events.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
My routine is not much of a routine. Being a mom, I have to write in sprints when my son is sleeping or late at night. I have a little more free time now that he is in an early preschool program, but life is hectic. When I do write I sit down, review my notes and previous writing and go.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to becoming an author, what would it be?
I would tell myself to be strong and keep writing. Don’t doubt yourself.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
You can find me on social media or at these links!