Check out this author spotlight for Maris Ella!
You can find all her links furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
Maris Ella is a writer of young adult and adult romance novels filled with drama, love, angst, and sass! Her love for reading has inspired her to create her own stories, bringing them to life with diverse characters and lifestyles. Building on a character’s personality is one of her favorite parts of the writing process. Individuality makes the characters feel real and she enjoys the thoughts of endless possibilities.
Most of Maris Ella’s book ideas come to her at night while she’s sleeping. She lives in New Jersey with her husband and two small dogs. Aside from writing, you could find her cooking in the kitchen or painting on a canvas. Her love for food motivates her to experiment with different recipes (although her husband may not always agree with the outcome.) And experimenting with colors is different from experimenting with food. There is never a right or wrong way to be creative. A work of art, serves for better discussions anyway.
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 (or more!) of these and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Cat or dog? DOG. I HAVE TWO LOYAL YORKIES
Tea or coffee? TEA. I FIND IT RELAXING AND I’VE NEVER LIKED THE TASTE OF COFFEE.
Morning or evening? MORNING. I FOCUS BETTER EARLIER IN THE DAY.
Mountains or beaches? BEACHES. I LOVE THE SOUND OF OCEAN WAVES.
Pen and paper or computer/phone? COMPUTER/PHONE. IT KEEPS ME MORE ORGANIZED.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
ENEMIES TO LOVERS
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I WRITE ROMANCE. I’M WORKING ON A SERIES CALLED THE BROKEN. THE FIRST BOOK RECENTLY RELEASED, THE SECOND BOOK WILL BE RELEASED IN THE FALL, AND THE FINALE, THE THIRD BOOK, I PLAN TO RELEASE IN WINTER 2022. I’M ALSO WORKING ON A STANDALONE. IT’S BASED OFF OF ONE OF THE SIDE CHARACTERS FROM THE BROKEN SERIES.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
BREAKABLE MOON IS MY DEBUT NOVEL. IT’S A MATURE, YOUNG ADULT, COMING-OF-AGE ROMANCE STORY ABOUT A NEUROTIC TEENAGER, SURPRISED BY LOVE, BEGINS TO BELIEVE SHE MATTERS… UNTIL SHE IS BROKEN. IT CAN BE BOUGHT ON AMAZON AND KINDLE, FREE ON KINDLEUNLIMITED.
PAPERBACK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0929Z7KRN/ EBOOK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091THV42Y/
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I DRAW FROM MY OWN LIFE EXPERIENCES. I ALSO GET INSPIRED BY SOME OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS LIKE THE AFTER SERIES, AUTHORS LIKE TIJAN, AND SONGS LIKE “LOSE YOU TO LOVE ME” BY SELENA GOMEZ THAT MAKE MY HEART FEEL THINGS.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I PREFER WRITING IN MY LIVING ROOM, EARLY IN THE MORNING OR LATE AT NIGHT WHEN ALL IS QUIET, WRAPPED UP IN A SOFT BLANKET.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to become an author, what would it be?
DON’T WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS WILL THINK, JUST WRITE AND DON’T STOP.
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
My Reader Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whisperersoftheheart/