Check out this author spotlight for Urban Fantasy writer Taylor Aston White!
You can find all the links for where to find her furthest down the page, and don’t forget to check out her books!
1. Hi! Welcome to my humble blog of all things bookish! I would like for us to start by getting to know you. Give us a short bio, please!
The name’s Taylor Aston White and when I don’t look after my two children and husband (who is just a big kid) I write Dark Urban Fantasy!
2. To get to know you just a little bit better, I’d like to ask you some this or that questions. Answer 5 of these (or more!) and explain why you chose this or that, or maybe an entirely different alternative!
Ninjas or pirates? Ninjas because I have a mild attraction to a man with a mask.
Mountains or beaches? Mountains! Although there isn’t many where I live in the south of England.
Plotter or pantser? Plotter solely because I have control issues and love to plan!
Pen and paper or computer/phone? Computer/phone because my handwriting is atrocious.
Standalone or series? I personally prefer series as once I’m in love with a world, I want to know more.
3. When you look for books to read, what trope or type of story will always catch your attention?
I don’t look for anything specifically because I read in such a wide variety. But I do enjoy a HEA, even if it takes lots of books and drama to get there.
4. What do you write? Tell us about your current projects and the latest happenings!
I write Dark Urban Fantasy with spice! I’m currently releasing my 5th in the Alice Skye series while working on the 6th and final book.
5. What is your most recent release? Give us a short presentation, cover, and a link for where to buy it!
My (almost) recent release is Knight’s War, Book Five of the Alice Skye series.
A betrayed witch. A broken secret. A malevolent destiny.
Paladin Agent Alice Skye is desperate to get back on a case, and it doesn’t take long until she gets exactly what she’s asked for. Alice is thrust into a horrific homicide, one that tests her limited knowledge in dark magic, and threatens to destroy not only her, but those she loves.
Still in mourning, Alice is trying to get her life back together. However, nothing is quite like it seems when she receives a letter from Dread’s estate. She uncovers a secret, one that should have remained buried. But fate is ticking, for there are those waiting for her in the dark, ready to stop the prophecy that has shadowed her since birth.
Can she survive her greatest challenge yet?
Or will The Knights, a secret guild of assassins follow their simple, but deadly creed?
Protect the innocent; Slay the corrupt; Defend the realm.
Because unfortunately for Alice, she’s their number one target.
Knight’s War is the fifth instalment in this nail-biting, action packed Urban Fantasy series by Taylor Aston White. Follow Alice as she battles her Daemons and unveils dark secrets in a modern world of magic.
6. What real-life inspiration do you draw from, and what are your primary fictional sources of inspiration (books, authors, films, music, etc.)? Name a few!
I’m inspired by everyone and everything. Conversations in the supermarket, tv programs and other books.
7. What is your writing routine? If you have one, give us the run-down!
I don’t have a routine because I’m also a full-time mum to a three-year-old and a one-year-old. It means I write when I can! Whether it’s in the bath, or late at night when I have five minutes to myself.
8. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice as you started out on the path to become an author, what would it be?
I would say to take every day as it comes. It may seem like nothing is going right, and you don’t know what you’re doing but eventually it does get easier. You also never really know what you’re doing!
9. Last but not least: where can we find you? Drop those links!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/taylorastonwhite